QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR - Food Industry
Updated: Apr 20
Quality Assurance Supervisor
Location: Centre Hall, PA and Hanover PA
Industry: Agriculture/Food Manufacturer
Supervises the Quality Assurance function (facility and lab) to ensure the production of safe and wholesome food products while meeting all Company and regulatory requirements.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
B.S. in Food Science or equivalent experience.
Several years of broad-based food processing experience.
PCQI and HACCP Certified – Preferred
Knowledge of manufacturing processes and techniques
Strong supervisory and communication (oral and written) skills are essential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervises and is responsible for all activities of the quality inspectors, technicians and coordinators including the examination of raw ingredients, process controls, laboratory controls, plant sanitation and housekeeping, product samples, etc
Coordinates the sampling and grading of products to ensure they meet all specifications as issued by Corporate and its’ customers.
Performs record reviews to validate all critical manufacturing parameters have been met.
Monitors and contributes to ensure proper yields.
Responsible for ensuring the following safety requirements are met:
- Conducting safety orientation and safety training of employees
- Enforcing safe work practices
- Correcting unsafe conditions
- Preventing lingering unsafe and unhealthful workplace conditions or hazards
- Investigating workplace accidents
6. Performs special assignments such as product specifications for purchased items, sample requests, etc. as directed the QA Manager.
7. Assists in the selection of new personnel for the QA Department.
8. Supervises the training of new personnel and existing personnel.
9. Arranges for and works with the USDA Inspectors on product certification and coordinates with the QA Manager to correct failures when identified.
10. Assists with the development and implementation of policies, procedures, inspection programs and other quality programs to ensure compliance with established policies, procedures, and specifications.
11. Keeps abreast of all co-pack specifications limits and yield factors and assists in implementing controls when needed.
12. Recommends acceptance or rejection of raw products and ingredients
13. Notifies management of unsatisfactory line operation(s) and may order line to be shut down, if necessary, until the situation can be corrected.
14. Responsible for placing questionable product on hold status. Reviews product information and refers questionable items to QA management for disposition.
15. Responsible for working as a cross functional team at the canning plant to ensure the implementation of food safety, legality and quality policies and procedures within the scope of the job responsibilities such as but not limited to: GMP’s HACCP/preventative controls, food safety, product quality, food security, FDA and USDA guidelines and requirements, pre-requisite programs, quality systems etc.
16. Ensures compliance with all Corporate and Plant SOP’s.
17. Investigates customer complaints when directed.
18. Develops and maintains necessary reports and records as required.
19. Assists representatives of the Corporate Research and Development and Quality Assurance Departments with special projects, as directed by the QA Manager or Director of Regulatory Compliance/Food Safety/Labeling.
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Supervises: QC Lead, QC 1st Class and QC 2nd Class
Interested in this opportunity? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will have further discussion.
Continue to be safe and have a very positive day!