PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - Food Industry
3 positions available - 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts
Location: Bridgeport, CT
The Production Supervisor oversees the production operations and the supervision of production associates. S/he is responsible for compliance with all safety, quality, and housekeeping standards, and for coaching, mentoring, training and motivating associates to achieve performance excellence.
· Responsible for the supervision and performance of the manufacturing staff. Provide development and direction by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and evaluating job results; coaching and counseling associates; and initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
· Monitor schedule and ensure shifts are properly staffed by planning workforce requirements and recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training associates. Set daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicate them to employees. Ensure adherence to procedures and SOPs (Safety rules, GMPs, Production methods, controls, sanitation).
· Supervise production at every step to ensure safety, quality and productivity. Identify issues and resolve problems to ensure minimum cost and efficiency. Offer improvements to methods, procedure, policies, and quality. Implements cost saving strategies and techniques.
· Compile and analyze production performance records and data. Create and organize proper documentation and document controls.
· Submit reports on performance and progress.
· Maintain a safe and clean work environment. Enforce strict safety guidelines and company quality standards.
· Maintain and monitor food safety activities including sanitation. Ensure manufacturing operations are consistent with the food safety plan.
· Participate in non-conformity resolution and investigation and implement corrective action plan.
· Responsible for direct observation (USDA products).
· Participate in testing and product development related tasks.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A/S Degree in a technical, engineering or relevant field, or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years of experience as a Production Supervisor in a Process Manufacturing environment, preferably in the bakery industry.
· Bilingual English and Spanish.
· Proven ability to understand production line efficiencies around labor, machinery and production methods.
· Broad knowledge of production planning processes.
· Understanding of machine controls and instrumentation. Experience with various types of manufacturing machinery and tools.
· Superior problem-solving skills. Able to deal with complex issues in a fast-paced setting.
· Strong leadership abilities, and excellent coaching, interpersonal, and communication skills.
· Self-motivated and results oriented.
· Proficient with MS Office (Excel, word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
· Ability to work on morning shift, afternoon shift, and weekends as needed.
Interested in this opportunity? Email your resume to email@example.com and we will have further discussion.
Continue to be safe and have a very positive day!