FOOD & SAFETY SPECIALIST
Food and Safety Specialist – 1st shift
Location: Delhi NY
Industry: Food Industry
How you will make contributions that matter...
• Performs a detailed and accurate review of the process and temperature charts and other monitoring data on a daily basis to ensure compliance with Federal and State requirements.
• Provides detailed support for the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), program pre-requisites, compliance and support.
• Audit all process and aseptic control documents to ensure HACCP and FSMA program compliance.
• Provide a clear and detailed action plan for any process deviations.
• Complete and submit any required process variation report and affidavits in compliance with Federal and/or State regulations.
• Perform physical/visual inspections of process operations to identify areas that have the potential to create a microbiological contamination risk. Develop detailed action plans for high risk areas to include micro-organism growth mitigation matrices for applicable risk areas.
• Conducts in-depth analysis and interpretation of regulatory compliance requirements against the company’s current operating control standards and guidelines.
• Conduct employee training to include SOP’s, QA, Food Safety Training for newly hired employees, refresher and annual employee training.
• Perform a daily detailed inspection and analysis for any microbiological-positive test results to efficiently identify affected process systems or associated mechanical components. Monitor test results for trends and report them to management.
• Provide technical support to review proposed regulatory compliance activities to determine the potential impact on company operations.
• Responsible for the management of the company’s process control records, including the organization, storage and recordkeeping management in accordance with company, state and federal legal requirements for compliance record retention.
• Comply with company's Ethics and actively apply the core values of the company.
• Performs other duties and tasks as required.
You are best suited for the role if you…
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, or a minimum of 3-years dairy food manufacturing experience performing supervisory level work, preferably in food manufacturing.
• Working knowledge and applied understanding of the State and Federal FDA regulatory compliance standards and regulations.
• Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP program requirements.
• Experience leading food safety policies and procedures.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications.
• Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
• Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
• Ability to train, develop and engage a team of employees.
You will be supported cared for at this employer, because you will be by provided with:…
• Development opportunities that enhance you career fulfillment
• Meaningful compensation & benefits that help you care for your family
• Other duties and responsibilities as required by management
Interested in this opportunity? Email your resume to email@example.com and we will have further discussion.
Conntinue to be safe and have a very positive day!